All material and new posts are henceforth happening over at: http://andyremic.wordpress.com. So get your ass to Mars!

Wednesday 9 January 2008

And... Breathe.

My mum is stable now, so I once again have a sense of humour and am no longer running around like a manic, headless chicken.

I have always been an advocate of the NHS. I have always been in awe of doctors and nurses, of their caring, their skill, their role in society. And I have always defended the NHS as a great British institution.

However, there comes a point where socially corrupt and inept hospital management screw it all up for everyone. By understaffing hospitals (as in the one my mother was admitted to) they create many big bad problems, which leads in turn to people suffering and staff losing morale. There was also the case of the dumb-arse SHO in triage... but... well, that's another story and I have a few axes to grind with quite a few inept people I've encountered over the last few days. All I can say is thank God for the brilliant nurses and doctors who actually utilised their brains and did their jobs!! I shouldn't have to stamp my boot to get shit done. And I don't like giving people a hard time (unless it a Headteacher, then that just becomes plain fun) but when somebody you love has their life on the line.........

No comments: