All material and new posts are henceforth happening over at: http://andyremic.wordpress.com. So get your ass to Mars!

Tuesday 15 April 2008

GHOSTS.

In recent years I've been a big fan of Nine Inch Nails. Like every other musician with which I engage, I go through phases, and sadly, my NIN phase was killed when I saw them live. £20 to see a stage of dry-ice for 90 minutes is not my idea of fun. However.......

My nephew directed me back to NIN's website recently. Trent Reznor has released a 4-album instrumental work, and you can dowload the first 9 tracks free. Yes! FREE! Cheap as chips!! Then, the next 27 tracks are only $5. Cheaper than a pint of Wife-Beater, my friend.
And... GHOSTS is absolutely ace!! Not some cast-off crap sub-B side recording; but pure genius, and very good to write to (which is unusual for me).

Anyway, check out http://www.nin.com/, and click on GHOSTS.

'Nine Inch Nails presents Ghosts I - IV, a brand new 36 track instrumental collection available right now. Almost two hours of new music composed and recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I - IV sprawls Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.
Trent Reznor explains, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective - dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts.'
Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: