All material and new posts are henceforth happening over at: http://andyremic.wordpress.com. So get your ass to Mars!

Monday 29 September 2008

PODCASTS!

I've been working for the last couple of weeks on the opening podcast episodes of SPIRAL (2003) and WAR MACHINE (2007). I thought it was about time I said a few thankyous because, what I thought would be a happy little jaunt of crooning into a mic turned into damn hard work and a steep learning curve. I'm a writer, a teacher, but not an audio engineer. Now I know the difference between 64kbps and 128kbps, between 44100 kHz and 48000 kHz, I know about lame encoders, about over-modulation and the wonder that is levelling software. Anyway, none of the podcasts would have happened without the following people, and I offer thanks:
1] Evo Terra, main guy at podiobooks.com - for his patience with an idiot author.
2] The podiobooks.com community - for consistently telling me my machine gun effects were too loud.
3] Mark Newton and the guys at Solaris - for permission to podcast War Machine.
4] Darren Nash (and legal people) at Orbit Books - for permission to podcast Spiral.

Thank you all!!

Popdcasts will be appearing soon on www.podiobooks.com, which will also be linked via my website.

No comments: